- Opus One Resources (OOR) has revealed the assay results from two drill holes at the Noyell property in Quebec
- The company had planned to drill 10 holes for a total of 2,500 metres, but could only drill two holes before curtailing the program due to COVID-19
- The first zone intersected two gold zones, including 6.7 grams per tonne gold over 1.2 metres, and three grams per tonne over 1.6 metres
- The second drill intersected a gold zone of 2.54 grams per tonne gold over 11.2 metres, which included 7.96 grams per tonne over 3.7 metres
- Opus One Resources (OOR) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.08 per share
Opus One Resources (OOR) has revealed the assay results from two drill holes at the Noyell property in Quebec.
The company wanted to conduct a 10-hole program for a total of 2,500 drill metres. However, due to coronavirus shutdowns the company could only complete two drill holes on the site.
The first hole intersected two mineral zones beginning at 374 metres a 425.6 metres downhole, respectively. The first zone returned assays of 6.76 grams per tonne gold over 1.2 metres and 3 grams per tonne over 1.6 metres.
The second zone had a single intercept which returned 1.60 grams per tonne over 3.9 metres. The second hole intersected one major zone and two minor mineralised zones.
The first zone from 294.6 metres 306.1 metres downhole returned intercepts of 3.54 grams per tonne over 11.2 metres, which included a result of 7.96 grams per tonne over 3.7 metres.
Further down hole the drill also hit 1.1 grams per tonne over 1.7 metres down 238 metres down hole, and 1.32 grams per tonne over 1.2 metres from 358 metres downhole.
CEO of Opus One Resources, Louis Morin said the 2020 drill program started well before having to curtail the drilling due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Fortunately, we had time to complete the planned geophysics program and the first two drill holes.
“The drilled zones remain open at depth and results obtained provided us with the precious information.
“We are enthusiastic to prepare for the next exploration program phase; we know there its gold in the system, and we have a large land package in the Vezza-Casa Berardi area to explore,” he said.
Opus One Resources (OOR) is trading grey and is trading at C$0.08 per share at 2:35 pm EDT.