- Nuvei (TSX:NVEI) has added payment solutions for roughly 40 cryptocurrencies to its platform
- Cryptocurrencies supported include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, NEO and Ripple
- The addition of cryptocurrencies as a payment method makes innovative payment options accessible for consumers in smaller markets
- Merchants and consumers can easily conduct cross-border business with the addition of cryptocurrencies to NVI's platform
- Consumers will also benefit from secure payment transactions associated with cryptocurrencies
- Shares of Nuvei were down 2.01 per cent to close on Monday at C$71.08
Over the last several years, cryptocurrencies have taken the world by storm as not only has the market capitalization of cryptos increased, but also the number of cryptocurrencies.
According to Coinmarketcap.com, the global market cap of cryptocurrencies is approximately US$1.6 trillion, while the number of cryptocurrencies has soared past 4,000.
With the addition of cryptocurrencies to Nuvei's platform, the payment solutions company can also facilitate transactions in the Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) sector of the crypto world.
NFTs are singular digital files that can represent tangible and intangible items and include things such as collectibles, artwork and videos, or other one-of-a-kind assets.
Year-to-date, sales of NFTs have surpassed $174 million, according to nonfungible.com.
Shares of Nuvei dipped 2.01 per cent on Monday to close at C$71.08.