- Northstar Gold (CSE:NSG) has resumed a phase one diamond drilling campaign at its wholly owned Miller Gold Property in Ontario
- The company intends to drill a total of 2,550 metres in 15 holes, following up earlier exploration at the Vein 1, Vein 2 and Allied Zone discoveries
- Results from this previous program include 18 grams per tonne of gold over 3.9 metres and 100 grams per tonne of gold over 0.6 metres
- A program of surface stripping is also expected to commence in mid-July following the completion of the Phase I drill program
- Northstar Gold (NSG) is holding steady and is trading at at C$0.38 per share
Northstar Gold (CSE:NSG) has resumed a phase one diamond drilling campaign at its wholly owned Miller Gold Property in Ontario.
Prior to COVID-related restrictions that came into effect on April 4, the company drilled a total of 2,211 metres over 13 holes at the property.
In conjunction with its drill contractor, Major Drilling, Northstar Gold has developed detailed health and safety policies related to the resumption of work, in line with government guidelines.
Located 18 kilometres south of Kirkland Lake Gold’s Macassa Mine Complex, the Miller Gold Property covers 1,100 hectares, featuring vertical and flat high-grade gold-telluride veins in syenite intrusive stocks and volcanics.
Northstar Gold intends to drill up to 2,550 metres over 15 holes, which will follow-up on previous results from the Vein 1, Vein 2 and Allied Zones. These results include 18 grams per tonne of gold over 3.9 metres and 100 grams per tonne of gold over 0.6 metres at Vein 1.
They also include 2.1 grams per tonne of gold over 11.6 metres at the Allied Zone, which was the first interpreted structure of mineralisation to be identified at the Miller Gold Property.
In addition, Northstar Gold will test the Planet Syenite, which previously returned 6.6 grams per tonne of gold over 9.2 metres and 6.3 grams per tonne of gold over 12.2 metres.
The company has the necessary permits to also undertake a program of surface stripping over several regions where visible gold and gold tellurides have been discovered. This will provide for further geological mapping and sampling.
The phase one drill program is expected to be completed in mid-July this year, after which surface stripping will commence. Results from the drilling campaign are anticipated to become available later in the month.
Northstar Gold (NSG) is holding steady and is trading at C$0.38 per share at1:31pm EDT.