- Nickel North Exploration Corp. (TSXV:NNX) has released an updated mineral resource estimate (MER) for its Hawk Ridge Nickel-Copper-Cobalt-PGE sulphide project in Northern Quebec
- The MRE increased by 76.6 per cent to 34.66 Mt from 19.63 Mt
- The MER includes an update on the previously reported Hope Advance Main Zone and Hope Advance North, Gamma and Falco 7 deposits
- Nickel North Exploration is on pace for another drilling program planned for late summer 2022 and into 2023
- Shares of Nickel North Exploration are unchanged at C$0.045
Nickel North Exploration (NNX) has released an updated MRE for its Hawk Ridge Nickel-Copper-Cobalt-PGE sulphide project in Northern Quebec.
The company said in a press release that the NI-43-101 inferred MRE increased by 76.6% from 19.63 Mt to 34.66 Mt and also includes an update on its Hope Advance Main Zone and Hope ADvnace North , Gamma and Falco 7 deposits.
Additional highlights include:
- Total Pit-Constrained Inferred Mineral Resources at a CDN$35/t NSR cut-off increase by 50% to 29.44 Mt at 0.20% Ni, 0.52% Cu, 0.012% Co, 0.19 g/t Pd, 0.04 g/t Pt and 0.021 g/t Au, which equates to 0.56% NiEq.
- Total Out-Of-Pit (Underground) Inferred Mineral Resources at a CDN$100/t NSR cut-off are estimated at 5.22 Mt at average grades of 0.35% Ni, 0.79% Cu, 0.014% Co, 0.23 g/t Pd, 0.06 g/t Pt, and 0.04 g/t Au, which equates to 0.88% NiEq.
- The higher-grade “Raglan Type” sulphide mineralization exists in all four reported nickel-copper sulphide deposits and all of them remain open along strike and down-dip (Figure 2-4); Hawk Ridge has a similar rock age/type and is part of the same Circum-Superior nickel belt, and lastly same occurrences of Ni-Cu & PGE metals found
- Significant exploration potential remains with approximately 50% of the Hawk Ridge mineralized structure and mineral occurrences being undrilled or untested and will soon be actively explored
“This Mineral Resource update delivers on both of its key objectives – better definition and increased the Pit-Constrained Mineral Resource and establishing an initial Mineral Resource for potential underground mining,” Tony Guo, President and CEO of Nickel North, said in a press release.
“With a 76.6 per cent increase in total Inferred Mineral Resources, and an initial Out-of-Pit Mineral Resource, this update puts NNX in excellent position for the planning the next large drilling program to further define both high grade Out-of-Pit targets and expanding the Pit-Constrained Mineral Resources in the late 2022 to summer 2023 working seasons.”
Guo added that the mineral resource estimate is based on drilling up to 2014 and that there has been no drilling since then.
He said the company will be conducting a 2022 summer surface exploration program as well as a 2023 drilling program to explore several of its highly prospective nickel-copper-cobalt PGM targets at Hawk Ridge.
Moving forward, further mineral and metallurgical testing will also be done for the Hawk Ridge.
Shares of Nickel North Exploration remain unchanged at C$0.045.