- The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority has ordered 100 transit buses from NFI’s subsidiary New Flyer of America Inc.
- The WMATA is America’s sixth-largest bus agency, providing public transit service to over 1,500 square miles in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia
- New Flyer has delivered 1,800 buses to WMATA since 1995
- NFI Group is a leading global bus manufacturer of mass mobility solutions
- NFI Group Inc. (NFI) opened trading at C$24.64 per share
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) has exercised options for 100 additional transit buses from NFI’s subsidiary New Flyer of America Inc.
The options are being exercised from New Flyer’s backlog in the third year of a five-year contract originally awarded in 2018.
Metro is America’s sixth-largest bus agency, providing public transit service to over 1,500 square miles in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
“Since 1995, we have delivered over 1,800 buses to WMATA, and we will continue to support the agency with progressive transit solutions through this additional 100 bus order,” said Chris Stoddart, President, New Flyer and MCI.
“New Flyer’s advanced engine integration, in coordination with Cummins, delivers up to 90% reduction of particulate matter and up to 96% reduction of NOx emissions, which helps pave the way for the evolution to low and zero emission mobility.”
The buses conform to the Environmental Protection Agency and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s comprehensive Heavy-Duty National Program, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions and fuel consumption for heavy-duty highway vehicles.
NFI has been leading mass mobility solutions for more than 90 years, and today supports growing North American cities with sustainable mobility solutions including buses and coaches, technology, infrastructure, and workforce development.
NFI operates the Vehicle Innovation Centre, an innovation lab dedicated to advancing bus and coach technology and providing workforce development.
NFI Group is a leading global bus manufacturer of mass mobility solutions. NFI supports its installed base of over 105,000 buses and coaches around the world.
NFI Group Inc. (NFI) opened trading at C$24.64 per share.