- Nextech AR (NTAR) announces that ARway is now adopting LiDAR technology to create hyper accurate meshes for its metaverse spatial mapping software
- Nextech AR CEO Evan Gappelberg sat down with Daniella Atkinson to discuss the news
- LiDAR is a technology whose sensors are able to create precise three-dimensional images of the environment, and measure distances and the velocity of road-traffic participants
- Nextech AR Solutions is a metaverse company active in augmented reality, 3D modelling, holograms and 360° portals
- Nextech (NTAR) opened trading at C$0.82 per share
Nextech AR’s (NTAR) ARway is now adopting LiDAR technology to create hyper accurate meshes for its metaverse spatial mapping software.
Nextech AR CEO Evan Gappelberg sat down with Daniella Atkinson to discuss the news.
“We are constantly analyzing new technologies which can give us a competitive edge in the market and with our adoption of LiDAR which is bleeding edge technology we believe we have gained that edge. Apple Computer has already invested billions into developing LiDAR which is now available in some of the newer iPhones… LiDAR essentially acts as a computer’s eyes.
LiDAR has already found a perfect market fit in the automotive industry with all the new EV self-driving cars produced by Tesla and others adopting LiDAR technology. If you’ve ever seen an autonomous vehicle, you may have noticed a rapidly-spinning tube mounted on its roof. This is a LiDAR unit. Its role is to measure the distance of objects relative to the position of the car in 3-D.
We believe it’s also a perfect product market fit for AR wayfinding and that adopting LiDAR technology for our ARway solution will give users hyper-accurate spatial maps and provide deep analytics within the map, which is exactly what our customers are telling us they want.”
Nextech AR Solutions is a metaverse company active in augmented reality, 3D modelling, holograms and 360° portals.
Nextech AR Solutions (NTAR) opened trading at C$0.82 per share.