- Opawica Explorations’ (OPW) Newfoundland projects return fifty gold grains from till sampling
- A total of 121 regional gold in grain till samples on all its Newfoundland properties were collected
- The program was designed to sample untested areas and has augmented the its understanding of gold grain distribution in the region
- The 121 till samples were submitted for gold grain analysis to Overburden Drilling Management (ODM) in Ottawa
- Opawica Explorations Inc. (OPW) is trading at C$0.38 at 9:36 pm EST
Opawica Explorations Inc. (OPW) has received till results from its 2021 sampling and prospecting program on its Newfoundland projects.
Blake Morgan, Chief Executive Officer of Opawica stated,
“The 50 gold grains over the 121 till samples is a spectacular success rate. The 11 pristine gold grains were discovered in areas that have not seen serious exploration to date.”
It collected a total of 121 regional gold in grain till samples on all its Newfoundland properties. The program was designed to sample untested areas and has augmented its understanding of gold grain distribution in the region.
Opawica engaged the services of a helicopter to access areas of the properties which were previously inaccessible.
The 121 till samples were submitted for gold grain analysis to Overburden Drilling Management (ODM) in Ottawa. ODM specializes in heavy minerals extraction and gold grain analysis.
The ODM results have given a total of 50 gold grains in till. Of the 50 grains returned ODM has classified 11 of the gold grain as pristine, which typically means they have not travelled far from their source.
One till sample had a calculated value of 1.542 g/t gold on one gold grain. This value is not an assay value. It was calculated by ODM and is based on the weight and size of the gold grain found in till sampling CH21-104.
Opawica’s wholly-owned project area covers more than 217 square kilometres along and between the Red Indian Line and the Valentine Lake shear zone in the Central gold belt of Newfoundland.
Its prospective holdings extend for more than 50 km along the Central gold belt which is a northeast-trending structural zone extending across Newfoundland.
Opawica Explorations Inc. is a junior Canadian exploration company with a strong portfolio of precious and base metal properties within the Rouyn-Noranda region of the Abitibi Gold Belt in Québec and in Central Newfoundland and Labrador.
Opawica Explorations Inc. (OPW) is trading at C$0.38 at 9:36 pm EST.