- Cannabis services company, New Leaf Ventures (CSE:NLV) has bolstered its leadership team as it prepares to execute its North American growth strategy
- The strengthened management ensemble follows the company’s acquisition of New Leaf USA
- Michael Stier has been appointed as CEO of New Leaf Ventures, while Robert Colwell has been appointed as CEO of New Leaf USA
- Randy Minhas will act as CFO of New Leaf Ventures
- Boris Gorodnitsky will take on the role of President of New Leaf USA
- New Leaf Ventures (NLV) is currently up 12.9 per cent and is trading at C$0.35 per share, with a market cap of $10.53 million
New Leaf Ventures (CSE:NLV) has bolstered its leadership team as it prepares to execute its North American growth strategy.
The confirmation of the company’s executive management team and Board of Directors is effective immediately, and follows New Leaf Ventures’ recent acquisition of New Leaf USA.
Under the reformed corporate structure, New Leaf Ventures will have the necessary leadership figures in place to focus on the roll-out and execution of its business development plan.
Such a plan is aimed primarily at driving both corporate growth and shareholder value.
Most notably, Michael Stier has been appointed as CEO of New Leaf Ventures. With a sound understanding of equity markets, he previously acted as a senior financial advisor within CIBC’s Imperial Service Division.
He studied business management at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Okanagan College, specialising in finance, and has periodically acted as an advisor to Greendrop Capital.
In association with Michael’s appointment, Robert Colwell has been appointed as CEO of New Leaf USA, and also as a Director of New Leaf Ventures.
He previously founded Dama LLC, a medical cannabis concentrate company, which was ultimately bought out by New Leaf USA.
Joining Robert will be Boris Gorodnitsky, who will act as President of New Leaf USA. Boris’s background comes from software development, having held a range of positions in both start-ups and large entities, including Microsoft.
Since then, he served as CTO of Advanced Marine Technology, before moving into the cannabis industry where he focused on agronomy and production technologies.
Today’s announcement also noted the appointment of Randy Minhas, a Chartered Professional Accountant with 14 years of finance experience in the technology, manufacturing and resource industries.
Randy holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Simon Fraser University, and since 2011 has served as Director, CFO and Controller for several publicly listed companies.
Further to these appointments, New Leaf Ventures also welcomed Chris Cooper, Don Currie and Lee White to its Board of Directors.
New Leaf Ventures (NLV) is currently up 12.9 per cent and is trading at C$0.35 per share at 1:56pm EDT.