- Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX:NEPT) has signed an exclusive partnership agreement with renowned wildlife conservationist, Dr. Jane Goodall
- The two parties will co-develop a range of natural health and wellness products under the Forest Remedies brand
- Neptune will donate five per cent of all sales to the Jane Goodall Institute, as well as an initial C$25,000 donation
- The company is expecting to launch the products in summer of this year.
- Neptune Wellness Solutions (NEPT) is up 1.5 per cent and is trading at $2.70 per share, with a market cap of $255.43 million
Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX:NEPT) has signed an exclusive partnership agreement with renowned wildlife conservationist, Dr. Jane Goodall.
Under the agreement, the two parties will co-develop a range of natural health and wellness products.
The line is expected to include plant-based hand sanitizers, essential oils and hemp-derived products, which will be co-branded as “Forest Remedies, by Dr. Jane Goodall”.
Neptune Wellness is anticipating a Summer 2020 launch, with the products to be available online and at select retail outlets.
Michael Cammarata, CEO of Neptune Wellness Solutions, noted that, in light of COVID-19, there will likely be a renewed focus on personal self-care.
“The purchasing decisions consumers make to support their health and wellness will have a lasting impact on the environment and our collective health and wellness.
“I am delighted to partner with Dr. Goodall again to bring natural health and wellness products to market that will support our mutual goals of environmental conservation and reforestation, while at the same time delivering healthier consumer solutions,” he said.
As part of the agreement, five per cent of all sales will be donated to the Jane Goodall Institute. This is on top of an initial C$25,000 donation to be made by Neptune Wellness.
The partnership is also aligned with Forest Remedies’ support of the One Tree Planted program, a not-for-profit organisation focused on global reforestation. For every product sold, Forest Remedies will contribute to the planting of one tree.
Dr. Goodall also commented on the partnership, saying that the health of people, animals and the environment are interconnected.
“I am very pleased to partner with Michael Cammarata and the team at Neptune Wellness Solutions to develop natural, plant-based products that support health and wellness in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible manner.
“This marks my third partnership with Michael and reflects our mutual goal of enabling consumers to make ethical purchasing decisions to create a better world for all living things,” she said.
Neptune Wellness Solutions (NEPT) is currently up 1.5 per cent to $2.70 per share at 9:52am EST.