- Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX:NEPT) has announced the appointment of David Mayers as the company’s new COO
- Mayers has 30 years of experience in senior executive roles within the cannabis, pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors
- He previously acted as COO of MediPharm Labs, as well as CEO and COO of Impopharma
- Mayers is a trained chemist, graduating with honours from the University of Guelph with a Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences
- Neptune Wellness (NEPT) was down 12.27 per cent, with shares trading at C$2.36 and a market cap of $224.09 million
Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX:NEPT) has appointed David Mayers as the company’s new Chief Operating Officer.
Working in the extraction, purification and product formulation space, Neptune currently has more than 100 customers across the cannabis, hemp and nutraceutical industries.
Mayers’ appointment brings more than 30 years of experience in the cannabis, pharmaceuticals and wider healthcare sectors.
Most recently, he acted as Chief Operating Officer of MediPharm Labs, responsible for the strategic direction and daily operations of the company. His responsibilities also included manufacturing, Human Resources, project management, procurement, and research and development.
Prior to his time at MediPharm, Mayers acted as both COO and CEO of Impopharma, as well as President of WellSpring Pharma Services.
Michael Cammarata, CEO of Neptune Wellness, said that Mayers’ strategic appointment brings highly relevant industry experience to the company.
“He is an accomplished hands-on leader and effective communicator well versed in developing highly collaborative teams, building culture, integrating people and processes, driving results and growth.
“As COO, he will play a critical role in implementing new systems and processes to drive Neptune’s operational excellence,” he said.
A trained chemist, Mayers studied Biological Sciences at the University of Guelph, graduating with honours. He also obtained a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Toronto.
Commenting on his new position, Mayers believes that Neptune Wellness has tremendous potential and is well positioned to experience a period of significant growth.
“I look forward to leveraging my years of experience across key corporate functions in cannabis extraction, pharmaceuticals and healthcare to help Michael and the team execute the business strategy and drive growth across our B2B and B2C businesses,” Mayers said.
Neptune Wellness (NEPT) was down 12.27 per cent, with shares trading for C$2.36 at 12:49pm EST.