- With disease prevention measures on the rise, Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX:NEPT) has launched its ‘Neptune Air’ contactless thermometer
- The infrared device is designed to prevent cross-contamination, which is a risk with conventional temperature gauges
- The company is currently developing multiple versions of the Neptune Air for various industries and customers
- Neptune Air joins a range of other products launched by Neptune Wellness in response to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Neptune Wellness Solutions (NEPT) is currently up 15.73 per cent to C$3.90 per share, with a market cap of $370.74 million
With disease prevention measures on the rise, Neptune Wellness Solutions (TSX:NEPT) has launched its ‘Neptune Air’ contactless thermometer.
The company specialises in the extraction, purification and formulation of health and wellness products. 2020 has been a busy year for Neptune Wellness, with the launch of several new product lines, including one in partnership with renowned wildlife conservationist, Dr Jane Goodall.
The release of its Neptune Air thermometer, which uses infrared technology to gauge a person’s temperature, comes in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. The global pandemic has brought a greater focus to the potential transmission of diseases and viral conditions, and Neptune’s latest product has been designed to address this.
Multiple versions of the Neptune Air are currently under development to cater to varying industries and customers, including a white-label turnkey solution. Despite the product’s infancy, Neptune Wellness has already begun shipping to a large North American distributor of first aid and safety products.
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the benefits of non-contact infrared thermometers (NCITs) include ease of use and disinfecting, significant disease and virus spread reduction, rapid readings, and the ability to quickly retake temperature measurements.
Michael Cammarata, CEO of Neptune Wellness Solutions, said the launch of the Neptune Air reflects the company’s ability to quickly respond to customer demands.
“Neptune Air further reinforces our leadership position in health and wellness products and we expect our entrance into this market to open the door to many new customer relationships as we expand and diversify our health and wellness product portfolio and leverage our capabilities to meet market needs.
“In response to COVID-19, we are proud to bring this product to market to address supply constraints due to strong demand for safe and effective thermometers as an important tool in the fight against this pandemic,” he added.
The Neptune Air joins several other products that the company has released in an effort to tackle COVID-19. These include a range of hand sanitisers, of which one million units are expected to be shipped every week.
Neptune Wellness Solutions (NEPT) is currently up 15.73 per cent to C$3.90 per share at 10:46am EDT.