- Nanotech Security (NTS) has received an order for its LumaChrome security film from a Middle Eastern Central Bank
- The unidentified bank has made an order for 156 kilometres of the company’s colour-shifting security film
- Nanotech Security’s security film will be converted into thread for over 200 million banknotes, in two separate denominations
- The company expects that this initial order will become a recurring one
- Nanotech Security (NTS) is up 5.26 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.40 per share
Nanotech Security (NTS) has received an order for its LumaChrome security film from a Middle Eastern Central Bank.
The LumaChrome colour-shifting security film is designed for product authentication, brand protection, anti-counterfeiting, and smart packaging. When applied to banknotes, the LumaChrome film provides enhanced security through its unique colour-shifting ink.
The film’s colour transitions are crisp and very difficult to replicate, since they are produced through sophisticated production equipment. As such, the film makes authentication of banknotes quick and easy, regardless of distance, viewing angle, or lighting conditions.
Nanotech Security is currently one of the few suppliers on the planet which is capable of producing such high-security colour-shifting film. This has made the company’s product a standard in document and currency authentication for over 20 years.
Nanotech Security’s new client, the unidentified Middle Eastern bank, has made an order for 156 kilometres of the LumaChrome film.
The company has already delivered the security film to its conversion partner for this particular project. All 156 kilometres of the LumaChrome film will be converted into thread for over 200 million banknotes in two separate denominations.
Nanotech Security expects that this initial order from the Middle Eastern bank will prove to be a recurring one.
The company’s President and CEO, Troy Bullock, commented on the significance of the company’s latest purchase order.
“This LumaChrome film delivery for two new banknote denominations is an affirmation of our decision to expand our production facility.
“This expansion has enhanced our capability to produce a wide range of anti-counterfeit solutions as we continue to grow our government and banknote business,” he said.
Nanotech Security (NTS) is up 5.26 per cent, and trading for $0.40 per share, as of 11:14am EDT.