- Nanotech Security (NTS) has announced the launch of LumaChrome, a colour-shifting film for product authentication and brand protection
- The film is customisable to brand names, logos, or taglines, and has anti-counterfeiting applications in many industries
- LumaChrome is also available in multiple widths and format, and convertible into labels, patches, or stripes
- The company can make over 250,000 square metres of the film a month, at its production facility in Thurso, Quebec
- Nanotech Security (NTS) closed for trading on July 9 at C$0.31 per share
Nanotech Security (NTS) has announced the launch of LumaChrome, a colour-shifting film for product authentication and brand protection.
The company creates nano-optic security features for anything that may require verification, including banknotes. The LumaChrome film has several unique colour combinations, and switches colour when the viewing angle changes.
Such technology has previously been used on banknotes and secure ID applications.
Nanotech has designed the film for a wide variety of applications, including brand protection, anti-counterfeiting and smart packaging. More and more brands are seeking solutions which allow customers to quickly distinguish real products from fakes.
The LumaChrome security film could be applied to various industries including health care and pharmaceuticals, cannabis, electronics and imaging supplies.
With such a broad range of opportunities across numerous markets, LumaChrome is customisable to brand names, logos or taglines. It is also available in multiple widths and formats, and is convertible into adhesive labels, patches or stripes.
Nanotech makes the LumaChrome film at its highly secure production facility in Thurso, Quebec. The company uses two large roll-to-toll optical thin film deposition coaters.
By operating up to four separate deposition zones simultaneously, Nanotech can produce over 250,000 square metres of film per month.
Nanotech’s President and CEO, Troy Bullock, commented on the launch of the new LumaChrome product.
“We have successfully enhanced our proven technology by developing a new colour palette exclusive to the brand protection market.
“By combining overprinted text and multiple application formats, we are able to offer a compelling new product for the brand protection market,” he said.
Nanotech Security (NTS) closed for trading on July 9 at C$0.31 per share.