- Murchison (MUR) has announced results from the second diamond drill hole at its HPM (Haut-Plateau de la Manicouagan) Project in Quebec
- BDF22-002, HPM’s best intersection to date, yielded 121.2 m estimated at 1.39 per cent pXRF Ni Eq. (123.8 to 245 m)
- Results to date highlight the significant potential for expanding HPM’s Barre de Fer (BDF) Zone with a maiden resource planned for Q1 2023
- Murchison is a Canadian‐based mineral exploration company with projects in Quebec and Saskatchewan
- Murchison (MUR) is up by 41.18 per cent, trading at $0.12 per share
Murchison (MUR) has announced results from the second diamond drill hole at its HPM Project in Quebec.
Results stem from the project’s 4,316 m summer exploration program (2022) on the BDF Zone and were analyzed using portable x-ray fluorescence (pXRF).
The company drilled BDF22-002 – HPM’s best intersection to date – to a depth of 452 m and intersected two broad zones of Ni-Cu-Co sulphide-bearing mineralization totalling 175.15 m of composite thickness.
The majority of the mineralization is outside of the previously modelled zone.
BDF22-002 pXRF results
Work on BDF22-002 continues to define the stratigraphic controls of intrusive rocks on the distribution of massive, breccia and disseminated sulphide types. These controls will guide future exploration in the extension and discovery of additional mineralization along strike and at depth.
Results to date highlight the significant potential for expanding BDF with a maiden resource planned for Q1 of 2023.
Additional pXRF results will be released as soon as the data has been verified.
“The objective of the 2022 drill program was to expand near-surface high-grade nickel, copper and cobalt mineralization at the Barre de Fer Zone, and the holes to date are delivering on that objective,” stated Troy Boisjoli, Murchison’s President and CEO. “The pXRF results from BDF22-002 have exceeded our expectations in terms of estimated grade and thickness.”
“The 2022 drilling results will enable to company to materially advance the Ni-Cu-Co HPM Project at a time when the world is desperate for the future supply of critical minerals,” he added.
2022 drill campaign pXRF results to date
Murchison is a Canadian‐based mineral exploration company focused on nickel, copper and cobalt at its HPM Project in Quebec, as well as zinc, copper and silver at its Brabant Lake Project in Saskatchewan.
Murchison (MUR) is up by 41.18 per cent, trading at $0.12 per share as of 12:21 pm EST.