- Murchison (MUR) has confirmed extensive high-grade nickel-sulphide at the HPM Property in Quebec
- Assays from the record-setting second drill hole from the summer program at the Barre de Fer Zone returned 121.2 m at 1.36 per cent NiEq (or 4.07 per cent CuEq), including 21 m at 3.21 per cent NiEq (or 9.59 per cent CuEq)
- Lab assays are pending for the remaining 11 drill holes
- President and CEO Troy Boisjoli sat down with Sabrina Cuthbert to discuss the results
- Murchison is a mineral exploration company with projects in Quebec and Saskatchewan
- Murchison Minerals (MUR) opened trading at $0.125 per share
Murchison (MUR) has confirmed extensive high-grade nickel-sulphide at the HPM Property in Quebec.
BDF22-002 is the best intersection to date on the HPM Property. It was drilled to a depth of 452 m and intersected two broad zones of Ni-Cu-Co sulphide-bearing mineralization for 175.15 m of composite thickness.
The bulk of the mineralization was intersected outside of the previously modelled zone.
Results demonstrate the near-surface, high-grade nature of the Barre de Fer Zone and its potential for future expansion.
Murchison released pXRF results for the drill hole last September. The company’s proprietary Direct Rock Sampling Portable X-Ray Fluorescence (pXRF) process allowed it to produce near laboratory-quality results in the field.
The company intends to release a maiden resource in Q1 of 2023.
The prospectivity of the HPM Project, one of the few new emerging nickel-sulphide districts globally, coincides with an expected rise in worldwide nickel demand over the coming years.
Work progresses to delineate the stratigraphic controls of intrusive rocks on the distribution of massive, breccia and disseminated sulphide types; these controls will guide future exploration along strike and at depth.
Lab assays are pending for the remaining 11 holes.
President and CEO Troy Boisjoli sat down with Sabrina Cuthbert to discuss the results.
BDF22-002 assay results
Murchison is a mineral exploration company focused on nickel, copper and cobalt at its HPM Project in Quebec, as well as zinc, copper and silver at its Brabant Lake Project in Saskatchewan.
Murchison Minerals (MUR) opened trading at $0.125 per share.