- Mullen Group (MTL) has acquired Alberta trucking company B. & R. Eckel’s Transport Ltd.
- B&R, est. 1965, generates annualized revenue of approximately $85 million
- The transaction coincides with a strong business environment in B&R’s region on the back of high oil prices
- Mullen Group is one of Canada’s largest logistics providers
- Mullen Group (MTL) last traded at $15.01 per share
Mullen Group (MTL) has acquired Alberta trucking company B. & R. Eckel’s Transport Ltd.
B&R was established in 1965 in Bonnyville, Alberta, and provides three primary services to the greater northeastern Alberta (NEAB) region: less-than-truckload (LTL), full truckload and general oilfield hauling.
The acquisition includes 420 employees, a network of 16 facilities, a fleet of 400 power units and over 950 trailers that generate annualized revenue of approximately $85 million.
Mullen expects B&R to generate financial results in line with Mullen’s overall operating margins, catalyzed by higher oil prices and increased activity from energy players in NEAB.
The transaction, funded from existing cash and credit lines, continues the company’s profitable history of accretive inorganic growth.
Mullen Group is one of Canada’s largest logistics providers.
Mullen Group (MTL) last traded at $15.01 per share.
The materials provided in this article are for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.