- Plant-based meat manufacturer, Modern Meat (MEAT) is rolling out its products into Urban Fare grocery stores
- The company’s products will be sold in the supermarket chain’s frozen meat sections and food service divisions
- Modern Meat products on offer at Urban Fare will include its burgers, crumble, crab cakes, and meatballs
- The company plans to eventually secure shelf space in other stores under the brand of OFG, Urban Fare’s parent company
- Modern Meat (MEAT) is up 8.06 per cent and is currently trading at C$3.89 per share
Plant-based meat manufacturer, Modern Meat (MEAT) is rolling out its products into Urban Fare grocery stores.
A subsidiary of OFG (Overwaitea Food Group), Urban Fare is a gourmet supermarket chain with six locations in Western Canada. Four of these locations are in downtown Vancouver, while the other two are in Calgary and Kelowna.
Urban Fare will shortly begin offering all Modern Meat products in its frozen meat sections and food service divisions. The products on offer will include Modern Meat Burgers, Crumble, Crab Cakes, and Meatballs.
Modern Meat’s CEO, Tara Haddad, said the company is excited to partner with a reputable, well-known chain like Urban Fare.
“Having our products placed in the meat aisle as well as the hot cafeteria will give our company great exposure, since most Urban Fare markets are strategically located in dense urban centres and feed many residents of high-rise condos and office towers.
“As consumer preferences shift towards alternative proteins, it is encouraging to see that retailers are including more nutritious plant-based options on their shelves,” she said.
Modern Meat is already looking to the future, and considering the next step in its expansion. In the coming months, the company will focus on securing shelf space in other stores under the brand of OFG.
OFG is the parent company of Urban Fare, and the largest chain headquartered in British Columbia. The company operates over 160 stores, under banners including Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods, PriceSmart Foods International, and Bulkley Valley Wholesale.
Modern Meat (MEAT) is up 8.06 per cent and is trading at C$3.89 per share at 11:48am EDT.