- MinKap Resources (KAP) has mobilised crews to its Breccia Gold property in Idaho, USA, ahead of a 2020 field work program
- The program is expected to include a property-wide ground magnetic survey, as well as soil sampling, prospecting and geologic mapping
- It forms the basis for a planned drilling campaign, which is expected to begin before the end of the year
- The field work is supported by a recently completed financing, in which the company raised C$750,000
- MinKap Resources (KAP) is currently steady at 17 cents per share
MinKap Resources (KAP) has mobilised crews to its Breccia Gold property in Idaho, USA, ahead of a 2020 field work program.
Gold mineralisation at the property is thought to occur within a 1,800-metre stretch of the Meadows Fault Zone, which has been identified as the Lee Prospect to the north and the Breccia Gold Zone to the south.
At least eight adits exploited the Breccia Gold Zone in the 1930s and 1940s, resulting in the extraction of several thousand tonnes of mineralised material. This was collected from high-grade gold mineralisation within quartz veins, which are hosted by a wide zone of brecciation.
Now, the Toronto-based company intends to complete a property-wide ground magnetic survey, along with soil sampling to the east of the Breccia Gold Zone and across the Musgrove Mine Trend.
Prospecting and geologic mapping will also target the northern and eastern regions of the property.
This field work will form the basis of a proposed drilling campaign, which is expected to begin before the end of this year, subject to the receipt of necessary permits and equipment.
Jonathan Armes, President and CEO of MinKap Resources, noted that immediate exploration plans have been designed to better understand the structures associated with the drill targets for the upcoming drill program.
“Compilation of the historic exploration data from the Breccia Gold Property has been ongoing and the company is excited to get boots on the ground and work underway,” he added.
MinKap’s field program is supported by the recent completion of a financing, in which the company raised C$750,000 through the issuance of just under 10 million units at a price of 7.5 cents each.
MinKap Resources (KAP) is currently steady at $0.17 per share at 1:00pm EDT.