- Mindset Pharma (MSET) announced that MSP-1014 has demonstrated superior efficacy and improved safety compared to psilocybin
- Mindset believes that MSP-1014 has the potential to provide a safer alternative for the treatment of a broad range of neuropsychiatric disorders
- Mindset has developed a broad range of second and third-generation psychedelic medicines
- MSP-1014 is a differentiated psilocybin-based compound from Mindset’s Family 1 of patent-pending psychedelic compounds
- Mindset Pharma Inc. is a drug discovery and development company focused on creating psychedelic medicines to treat neurological and psychiatric disorders
- Mindset Pharma Inc. (MSET) is down 3.19 per cent, trading at C$0.455 per share at 10:15 am ET
Mindset Pharma (MSET) announced that MSP-1014 has demonstrated superior efficacy and improved safety when compared to psilocybin.
“There is a growing body of supporting evidence that suggests MSP-1014 will deliver superior efficacy and an improved safety profile compared to generic psilocybin,” said Joseph Araujo, Chief Scientific Officer of Mindset.
“One critical pre-clinical study we used to assess MSP-1014’s potential superior efficacy compared to psilocybin was 5-HT2A receptor activity. 5-HT2A is a serotonin subtype receptor well understood to be highly correlated with a psychedelic experience. To assess this activity, we compared MSP-1014 to psilocybin using the mouse head twitch response (HTR) assay. We observed an increased number of HTRs, indicated by sequences of rapid head shakes or twitches, following 3 mg/kg doses of MSP-1014 compared to psilocybin. With equimolar doses of psilocybin and MSP-1014, MSP-1014 more than doubled HTRs in mice. When compared to psilocybin, locomotor activity was not reduced with increased doses of MSP-1014 in mice. These findings were confirmed in rats, in which MSP-1014 showed wet dog shakes and back muscle contractions (WDS/BMC) equal to or greater than psilocybin.
Additionally, increasing doses of MSP-1014 did not result in body temperature reduction, which is seen when administering increasing doses of psilocybin.”
“We believe the superior traits of MSP-1014 have the potential to provide a safer and more scalable alternative in the world of psychedelic medicine, with the potential to treat a broad range of neuropsychiatric disorders,” said James Lanthier, CEO of Mindset. “MSP-1014 is just the beginning for Mindset.
Mindset has developed and continues to grow a broad and diverse pipeline of improved and differentiated second and third-generation psychedelic medicines with the goal of creating improved psychedelic therapeutics. We look forward to announcing additional results and milestones from our new drug program soon.”
MSP-1014 is a differentiated psilocybin-based compound from Mindset’s Family 1 of patent-pending psychedelic compounds. MSP-1014 was the first compound identified by the Company to progress towards human clinical trials after displaying high rates of success through a comprehensive range of specialized in vitro and in vivo tests.
Mindset Pharma Inc. is a drug discovery and development company focused on creating psychedelic medicines to treat neurological and psychiatric disorders with unmet needs.
Mindset Pharma Inc. (MSET) is down 3.19 per cent, trading at C$0.455 per share at 10:15 am ET.