- Millennial Lithium (ML) has reached a milestone in the production of battery grade lithium carbonate with 99.96 per cent purity at its Pastos Grandes Project in Argentina
- Lithium carbonate goes through two stages of processing to reach typical battery grade purity levels of 99.5 per cent
- The company’s first batch at its pilot project achieved battery grade purity after the first stage and premium battery grade after the second purification
- Millennial Lithium is engaged in the business of acquisition, exploration and development of lithium mineral properties
- Millennial Lithium Corp. (ML) opened trading down 2.33 per cent at $2.93 per share
Millennial Lithium (ML) has reached a milestone in the production of battery-grade lithium carbonate at its Pastos Grandes Project.
Lithium carbonate, according to industry standards, goes through two levels of processing to reach typical battery-grade purity levels of 99.5 per cent.
The first batch of brine processed at the company’s pilot plant achieved battery grade quality lithium carbonate (99.86 per cent) at the completion of the basic stage and a premium quality battery grade (99.96 per cent) at the completion of the purification process.
The brine feedstock was derived from Millennial Lithium’s production well on the Pastos Grandes Salar which was pumped to ponds that concentrate the lithium carbonate by solar evaporation.
Millennial Lithium President and CEO Farhad Abasov commented,
“The company is very pleased to have reached this significant milestone with our pilot plant producing from the very first run battery grade quality lithium carbonate.
“We have also demonstrated that we have the option to produce high-quality Technical Grade and Battery-Grade product at a lower cost than estimated in the Company’s Feasibility Study using the basic processing,” he added.
The company has expanded its on-site training and education of pilot plant operators as part of the ongoing corporate initiative to develop opportunities for staff from local communities.
This workforce increase will facilitate plant operation with the end goal of providing fully qualified staff who are prepared for future commercial operations.
Millennial Lithium is engaged in the business of acquisition, exploration and development of lithium mineral properties.
The company’s projects include the Pastos Grandes Lithium Project and Cauchari East Lithium Project.
Millennial Lithium Corp. (ML) opened trading down 2.33 per cent at $2.93 per share.