- Marvel Discovery Corp. (MARV) recently completed a magnetic survey over the highly gold prospective Gander East Project in Newfoundland
- The project is adjacent to a fault system where drilling continues to intercept exceptionally high-grade gold
- The structures studied east of the property boundary are highly favourable for gold mineralization
- Also present are magnetic features with potential copper-lead-zinc deposits
- A detailed structural study has begun for ground follow-up
- Marvel Discovery Corp. (MARV) is up five per cent trading at $0.10 per share as of 1:29 p.m. EST
Marvel Discovery Corp. (MARV) recently completed a high-resolution heliborne magnetic survey over the highly gold prospective Gander East Project in Newfoundland.
The Gander East Project consists of 274 claims totalling 6,850 hectares, which is adjacent to New Found Gold’s Queensway Project. The Queensway Project area lies along the highly prospective, northeast-trending Dog Bay-Appleton-Grub Line fault system where ongoing drilling continues to intercept exceptionally high-grade gold.
Karim Rayani, CEO of Marvel Discovery, commented,
“Our team has quietly staked some of the most prospective, under-explored land positions along and adjacent to the major continental structures in Newfoundland and we feel this is just the beginning, as everyone now is starting to appreciate and understand the importance of these major crustal fault and shear zones… we did position ourselves as a dominant force of strategic ground tied on some of the islands largest defined assets.”
The Dog Bay-Appleton-Grub Line fault system is a crustal-scale fault zone within Central Newfoundland and these structural corridors are closely associated with recent high-grade gold discoveries and with existing deposits such as Marathon Gold’s Valentine Gold Project which hosts 4.78 million ounces of gold.
The complexities evident in the new dataset reveal structural features consistent with those of extensive fault and secondary shear zones and with fold structural patterns evident that were not resolvable with pre-existing regional datasets. The structures east of the property boundary are highly favourable for gold mineralization.
Also present are magnetic features with potential copper-lead-zinc deposits. A detailed structural study has begun and will be used as a basis to direct field crews for ground follow-up which will include soil geochemistry surveys, prospecting, and mapping.
Marvel Discovery Corp. (MARV) is up five per cent trading at $0.10 per share as of 1:29 p.m. EST.