- Artificial intelligence company, Loop Insights (TSXV:MTRX), has announced the release of its contactless check-in platform, Smart Health
- The platform streamlines patient identification and reduces the transmission of bacteria and disease
- Users will be able to check-in and verify their ID’s with a simple tap of their mobile phones
- Telehealth, telemedicine and other forms of contactless healthcare have spiked in demand because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Loop Insights’ share price opened steady, trading for C$0.21 per share
Artificial intelligence company, Loop Insights (TSXV:MTRX), has announced the release of its contactless check-in platform, Smart Health.
Loop Insights has designed the platform to streamline patient identification, without the risk of transmitting bacteria and diseases. Using Smart Health, patients will be able to check in and verify their ID by simply tapping their mobile phones. It will also provide them with access to real-time notifications, wait time updates, requisition information and more.
Loop Insights’ platform seamlessly integrates into current outdated legacy systems, making it future-proof, cost-efficient and convenient. This will be especially useful as various industries rush to adopt contactless technologies in a post-COVID world.
The COVID-19 pandemic has irrevocably changed the modern landscape, especially in the healthcare industry. It is likely that the new sanitation standards will continue even after the pandemic subsides, and become the new normal.
Any physical identification card or medical documentation has the ability to transmit bacteria and viruses. By making the exchange of these materials digital, Smart Health will reduce the risk of transmission.
Loop Insights’ CEO, Rob Anson, commented on the launch of Smart Health.
“As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone is more cautious about the exposure and spread of bacteria and viruses, especially when entering a healthcare facility.
“Through our contactless platform, we provide that sense of safety and security for both patients and healthcare staff. This is something that is sought after globally right now,” Rob said.
Loop Insights’ share price opened steady, trading for C$0.21 per share at 9:30am EST.