- Lithium Americas (LAC) published its 2021 Environment, Social, Governance and Safety (ESG-S) report
- The report themed Enabling Transition, reaffirms the company’s commitment to responsible development and production
- The report has been prepared with reference to the 2021 Global Reporting Initiative Standards
- Lithium Americas is developing three lithium production assets, two brine resources located in northwestern Argentina and a clay resource in Nevada, U.S
- Lithium Americas Corp. (LAC) is up 3.70 per cent, trading at C$28.32 per share at 3:22 pm ET
Lithium Americas (LAC) published its 2021 Environment, Social, Governance and Safety (ESG-S) report.
The report themed Enabling Transition, reaffirms the company’s commitment to responsible development and production. It also highlights the company’s ESG-S practices and overall progress made over the past two years.
Jonathan Evans, President and CEO of Lithium Americas, commented on the news.
“One of the greatest global transitions is underway – the shift to a clean energy economy – and lithium is essential to this transition. Over the last two years, every aspect of our business has been growing and transitioning to ready ourselves to be one of the safest, most environmentally responsible and inclusive lithium operators.”
2021 ESG-S report highlights:
- Achieved target of zero harm, zero fatalities and zero recordable work-related injuries
- In 2021, the company had zero per cent employee turnover and increased gender diversity on its Board and executive leadership team
- Thacker Pass is actively participating in the Negotiating Work Group. It is dedicated to developing agreements to guide the construction and operation of Thacker Pass. It focuses on identifying solutions that protect the safety and well-being of community
- 52 training sessions in construction skills, heavy equipment operator and cultural monitoring for archeological mitigation work delivered to members of the Fort McDermitt Paiute and Shoshone Tribe
- Thacker Pass received Record of Decision (ROD) from the US Bureau of Land Management following the completion of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process. It also received the key state environmental permits from the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- In September 2021, Lithium Americas was approved as an IRMA (Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance) Pending Member. This means that the company commits to have Thacker Pass audited against the new draft IRMA Ready Standard for exploration and development within 12 months of its availability for application
Lithium Americas commits to being a steward of the environment, a community partner, an employer of choice and a company to be proud of.
The report has been prepared with reference to the 2021 Global Reporting Initiative Standards. Its built upon a robust materiality assessment and disclosure of the management approach to material topics.
Lithium Americas Corp. (LAC) is up 3.70 per cent, trading at C$28.32 per share at 3:22 pm ET.