- Leocor (LECR) has finalized targeting and exploration plans for its Dorset and Startrek gold properties in the Central Newfoundland Gold Belt
- Drilling will follow up on 2022 drilling and sampling up to 40 g/t Au
- GroundTruth Exploration will oversee rotary air blast drilling
- CEO Alex Klenman spoke with Brieanna McCutcheon about the news
- Leocor Gold is a British Columbia-based resource company involved in the acquisition and exploration of precious metal projects, primarily in Atlantic Canada
- Leocor Gold (LECR) is unchanged trading at $0.14 per share
Leocor (LECR) has finalized targeting and exploration plans for its Dorset and Startrek gold properties in Newfoundland.
Dorset (Baie Verte District)
Rotary air blast (RAB) drilling will continue to test and expand the Sharpie Ridge gold occurrence with 6-8 holes where late 2022 drilling returned 2.32 g/t Au over 10.67 m and 10.2 g/t Au over 1.52 m.
The company will also complete four holes at the Copper Creek target and two at the Dorset Gunshot/Braz occurrence (2022 drilling highlight of 3.18 g/t Au over 4.57 m).
An additional six holes will target the Dorset Trend, where a large 1 x 2 km gold-in-soil anomaly was outlined by 2022 soil sampling efforts.
Exploration is anticipated to begin in late April or early May.
Startrek contains over 50 gold occurrences through previous trenching and grab samples. 2022 rock sampling and historical data identified several areas of epithermal gold mineralization at surface.
The proposed 2023 field season will focus largely on the Stallion Trend, where 2022 grab samples reached up to 40 g/t Au with coincident arsenic and antimony in quartz stockwork veining.
Up to 22 holes will test geophysical contacts and conductive bodies at depth that relate to mineralization on surface.
GroundTruth Exploration will oversee RAB drilling. Its GT RAB Drill is environmentally friendly with low ground pressure and minimal surface disturbance. Individual drill holes can be up to 100 m in depth and are paired with onsite XRF analysis and optical televiewer surveys.
“We take a very systematic approach to exploration and our technical team has provided the expertise to efficiently and cost-effectively advance these projects to the next exploration level,” stated CEO, Alex Klenman.
Klenman spoke with Brieanna McCutcheon about the news.
Leocor Gold is a British Columbia-based resource company involved in the acquisition and exploration of precious metal projects, primarily in Atlantic Canada.
Leocor Gold (LECR) is unchanged trading at $0.14 per share.
This is sponsored content, please see full disclaimer here.