Source: Leading Edge Materials Corp.
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Leading Edge Materials (LEM) announces that the National Agency for Mineral Resources has approved the first-year exploration program for the Bihor Sud exploration license
  • Planned exploration activities include geological and topographical mapping, geophysical studies, and surface sampling
  • The company is also working to prepare for and re-open an initial three mine galleries which would allow the exploration team to continue exploration activities underground during the winter season
  • Rock grab samples from mine dumps report grades up to 6.8 per cent cobalt and 28 per cent nickel
  • Leading Edge Materials is down 5.13 per cent, trading at $0.18 at 12:20 p.m. ET

Leading Edge Materials (LEM) announced that The National Agency for Mineral Resources approved the first-year exploration program for the Bihor Sud exploration license.

Planned exploration activities include geological and topographical mapping, geophysical studies, and surface sampling.

The company is also working to prepare for and re-open an initial three mine galleries, allowing the exploration team to continue exploration activities underground during the winter season.

The local exploration team and required land, environmental and local permits are being organized, allowing camp establishment and the start of exploration work.

Rock grab samples from mine dumps report grades up to 6.8 per cent cobalt and 28 per cent nickel.

CEO Filip Kozlowski noted that the approval of the first-year exploration program takes the company another step closer to commencing the real exploration work on the ground in Bihor Sud. 

“Primary focus within the exploration program will be to establish an exploration camp within the Leucii Zone to build on some of the very promising results discovered under the prospecting permit. In parallel, commencing work on re-opening the G7, G4 and G Dibarz galleries creates an opportunity to potentially continue underground exploration work over the winter season giving us a running start as we look ahead to further exploration work in 2023.”

The project is developed by Leading Edge Materials through its 51 per cent owned local Romanian joint-venture subsidiary, LEM Romania SRL, with a local Romanian arm’s length part owning the other 49 per cent. 

Leading Edge Materials is a Canadian public company focused on developing a portfolio of critical raw material projects in the European Union. 

Leading Edge Materials is down 5.13 per cent, trading at $0.18 at 12:20 p.m. ET.

More From The Market Herald

" Alpha Lithium (TSXV:ALLI) releases initial results from Hombre Muerto Salar

Alpha Lithium (ALLI) completed a Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES) campaign across a portion of its Salar del Hombre Muerto project.

" Silver One (TSXV:SVE) soars on standout intercepts

Silver One (SVE) has reported reverse circulation drilling results from the Candelaria Project in Nevada.

" Nine Mile Metals (CSE:NINE) finds new priority targets at Nine Mile Brook

Nine Mile Metals (NINE) provided an exploration update on its flagship Nine Mile Brook VMS Project.

" Fabled Copper Corp.(CSE:FABL) announces additional results of 2021 surface field work on its Muskwa Copper Project

Fabled Copper Corp. (FABL) announces additional results of 2021 surface field work on its Muskwa Copper Project.