- Kraken Energy Corp. (UUSA) has appointed Mr. Matthew C. Schwab, P.Geo., as President, CEO, and Director
- Mr. Schwab was the Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Axiom Exploration Group and the former Senior Exploration Geologist at NexGen Energy Ltd.
- His leadership will be key as the company advances the Apex and Garfield Hills Uranium Properties
- Kraken Energy Corp, formerly Ivor Exploration Inc, is a resource exploration company that is acquiring and exploring mineral properties
- Kraken Energy Corp. (UUSA) opened trading at C$0.70
Kraken Energy Corp. (UUSA) has appointed Mr. Matthew C. Schwab, P.Geo., as President, CEO, and Director.
Mr. Schwab is an accomplished geologist with extensive exploration and executive experience. His notable accolades include:
- Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Axiom Exploration Group Ltd., an international consulting firm focused on the provision of geological, geophysical, and environmental services to the natural resources and mineral exploration sectors.
- Former Senior Exploration Geologist at NexGen Energy Ltd. who was instrumental in the targeting and discovery of the Arrow uranium deposit in February of 2014.
- Member of the development team with Hathor Exploration Ltd., which contributed to the sale of the Roughrider deposit to Rio Tinto in November of 2011 for $654M.
- Former President, Senior Advisor, and Founder of multiple successful private consulting firms in the mineral exploration and E&P sectors of the Canadian mining and petroleum industries.
Garrett Ainsworth, Chairman of Kraken commented on the appointment.
“It is with great pleasure that I welcome Matthew Schwab to lead the Kraken Energy Executive and Technical Teams. I have known Matt since 2014 when we worked together at NexGen Energy, and his tenacity to discover and advance resource projects combined with his uranium experience will be an important asset for the company. His leadership will be key as we advance our Apex and Garfield Hills Uranium Properties, while continuing to build a portfolio of prospective uranium projects in the US.”
Matthew Schwab added,
“I’m very excited to be joining Kraken Energy alongside the highly experienced board of directors and advisory group. With increasing demand for reliable, economic, domestic uranium reserves, Kraken Energy is very well situated to advance its current assets, maximize shareholder value, and continue building a portfolio of top tier uranium projects in North America. Our team encompasses world class experience across all aspects of corporate governance and management, uranium exploration, significant resource discovery, and project development; I am confident that Kraken Energy will move forward quickly and effectively in the current market.”
Kraken Energy is an energy company advancing its 100 per cent-owned Apex Uranium Property, located east of Reno, Nevada. The Apex Property is recognized as Nevada’s largest past-producing uranium mine. The company has also entered into an option agreement to earn 100 per cent of the Garfield Hills Uranium Property.
Kraken Energy Corp. (UUSA) opened trading at C$0.70.