- Kontrol (KNR) will deliver a net zero emissions and climate action plan for an Ontario municipality
- The municipality has hundreds of buildings under management and a goal of net zero emissions by 2030
- The contract is an important milestone for the Kontrol Carbon Platform in what the company believes to be a growing market
- Kontrol Technologies is a leader in smart buildings and cities through IoT, cloud and SaaS technology
- Kontrol (KNR) is up by 0.78 per cent trading at $1.29 per share
Kontrol (KNR) will deliver a net zero emissions and climate action plan for an Ontario municipality.
The municipality – whose name is being withheld to reduce competition – has hundreds of buildings under management and a goal of net zero emissions by 2030.
The company will engage its Kontrol Carbon Platform which offers initial design, feasibility, implementation and carbon credit monetization of environmental action plans.
Kontrol won the contract through a competitive bid process against established industry participants.
According to the IEA, reaching net zero emissions by 2050 will require annual clean energy investment worldwide to more than triple by 2030 to around $4 trillion.
“This is an important win for Kontrol as we continue to scale our net zero emission solutions,” said Paul Ghezzi, Kontrol’s CEO. “This is a new opportunity which establishes Kontrol as a solution provider for municipalities which we believe is a growing market.”
Kontrol Technologies provides solutions and services to improve energy management, monitor continuous emissions and accelerate the sustainability of any building.
Kontrol (KNR) is up by 0.78 per cent trading at $1.29 per share as of 12:22 pm EST.