- Knight Therapeutics (GUD) affiliate United Medical has relaunched AKYNZEO in Brazil
- AKYNZEO prevents chemotherapy-induced acute and delayed nausea and vomiting
- The medication is also available in Canada, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay
- Knight Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on acquiring or licensing products for Canada and Latin America
- Knight Therapeutics (GUD) is up by 1.12 per cent trading at $5.40 per share
Knight Therapeutics’ (GUD) affiliate United Medical has relaunched AKYNZEO in Brazil.
AKYNZEO (netupitant / palonosetron) is approved for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced acute and delayed nausea and vomiting.
In May 2022, Knight and Helsinn Healthcare SA announced an exclusive license, distribution and supply agreement for oral/IV AKYNZEO in Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, and ALOXI oral/IV (palonosetron) in Canada.
According to IQVIA, sales of AKYNZEO in Canada and Brazil were approximately $7M in 2021.
“We are proud to continue providing patients and physicians with leading and guideline-recommended treatments like AKYNZEO,” said Samira Sakhia, Knight’s President and CEO. “AKYNZEO is synergistic with our existing oncology portfolio and will leverage the existing commercial and medical footprint.”
Knight Therapeutics (GUD) is up by 1.12 per cent trading at $5.40 per share as of 10:04 am EST.