- Kaizen Discovery (KZD) has revealed the results from its initial drilling program at the Pinaya Copper-Gold Project in Peru
- The company drilled 1,946 metres across three holes at the site’s Main Zone and Pedro Dos Mil target
- Results from the Main Zone included 18 metres of strike at 2.54 grams per tonne of gold
- Results from the Pedro Dos Mil target, two kilometres from the main target, returned 68 metres that graded at 0.20 per cent copper at 370 metres depth
- Kaizen Discovery (KZD) is down 16.6 per cent and is trading at C$0.05 per share
Kaizen Discovery (KZD) has revealed the results from its initial drilling program at the Pinaya Copper-Gold Project in Peru.
The company completed 1,946 metes of diamond drilling on the project across three holes,
The first hole, drilled into an alteration at the Cerro Antana target on the property, returned intersections of 18 metes of strike grading at 2.54 grams per tonne gold at a depth of 406 meters downhole.
Based on the drill cores, Kaizen believes there is the potential for a large, unroofed porphyry copper system, which could extend to depth.
Drilling on the Pedro Dos Mil Target intersected 68 metres that graded at 0.20 per cent copper at 370 metres downhole.
The company believes this indicates that deposit extends two kilometres from the Main Zone to the Pedros target.
Kaizen believes the existing Pinaya Mineral Resource is a deep porphyry copper-gold system. The company stated the shallow geophysical surveys conducted on the site show this system extends for at least six kilometres by two kilometres across the property.
The Mineral Resource of Pinaya is an impressive 41.7 million tonnes grading at 0.63 per cent copper.
The company’s CEO, Eric Finlayson said he is encouraged by the results received from this initial round of diamond drilling.
“We will now be bringing HPX’s proprietary Typhoon surveying system to site, which will allow us to map the deep porphyry system and direct future drilling,” he said.
Kaizen Discovery (KZD) is trading down 16.6 per cent to C$0.05 per share at 1:30 pm EDT.