- Intertape Polymer Group (TSX:ITP) has released its new social distancing tape product line
- The line includes indoor and outdoor marking tapes which have secure adhesion, clean removability, and strong durability
- Intertape Polymer believes the tape will allow businesses to start reopening, whilst abiding by COVID-19 safety guidelines
- The company has indicated that it may expand its product line further as social distancing protocols continue to evolve
- Intertape Polymer Group (ITP) is down 7.61 per cent and is currently trading at C$11.54 per share
Intertape Polymer Group (TSX:ITP) has released its new social distancing tape product line.
The launch represents the latest development in new health and safety norms brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. As businesses have tentatively begun to reopen, the need to designate spaces and encourage social distancing has become apparent.
Intertape Polymer believes that its products will allow businesses to reopen with confidence, whilst abiding by COVID-19 safety guidelines.
The product line includes blue and orange indoor tape, and red and yellow outdoor tape, which come in 60-yard rolls. They are intended to mark six foot distance points for directing foot traffic and facilitating safe line formation.
The tape products have secure adhesion and clean removability from most surfaces, and are quite durable. They should be able to withstand weathering from foot traffic and the elements.
Intertape Polymer’s Vice President of Consumer Sales, Nick Park, commented on the necessity for such products, which is likely to evolve.
“We’ve been closely watching the nation enter the reopening phases of businesses, public areas, and restaurants, and saw an explicit need for social distancing marking tapes.
“Social distancing is proving to become a lasting effect from the global pandemic and will continue to be practiced even while restrictions are being lifted. We are prepared to expand and adjust our product mix as social distancing needs continue to arise,” he said.
Intertape Polymer Group (ITP) is down 7.61 per cent and is trading at C$11.54 per share at 12:21pm EDT.