- International Cannabrands’ (CSE:RDKO) in-house brand, ‘baseline’, has launched Immunity Boost, a liquid vitamin immunity product
- Immunity Boost contains 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C, and 500 international units of vitamin D3
- The product’s liposomal formulation makes its absorption rate 6.6 times higher than non-liposomal equivalents
- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused a spike in demand for vitamins, dietary supplements and other immunity-related products
- International Cannabrands’ share price remains unchanged, and is currently trading for 2.5 cents per share
International Cannabrands’ (CSE:RDKO) in-house brand, ‘baseline’, has launched Immunity Boost, a liquid vitamin immunity product.
Immunity Boost features 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C, and 500 international units (UI) of vitamin D3.
The product’s liposomal encapsulation process protects the vitamins from harsh stomach acids. This allows the body to absorb the vitamins more efficiently into the bloodstream, or through the intestinal walls.
A recent clinical test showed that Immunity Boost’s liposomal formulation increased bioavailability significantly. Specifically, the product’s absorption rate is 6.6 times higher than the absorption rates of non-liposomal vitamin C.
The company’s Chief Growth Officer and Head of CBD, Greg Davis, called Immunity Boost a natural evolution of baseline’s strategy to offer innovative, plant-based wellness solutions.
“We are very fortunate to have access to immunity formulations, which have been extensively tested and proven for efficacy. Bringing to market a highly effective and needed product, especially during these times, is a meaningful initiative for the company,” he said.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has significantly affected the market for vitamins, dietary supplements and other immunity-related products. This week, Amazon.com sales showed that 13 of the top 20 products in the ‘Vitamin & Dietary Supplements’ category are related to immunity.
This year, projections predict that immunity supplement sales will spike above 25 per cent, to $3.3 billion overall. If these projections are correct, the growth potential for such products in 2020 would be the highest in a decade.
International Cannabrands’ CEO, Steve Gormley, commented on how the current health crisis makes this product especially relevant.
“In reacting to the needs of today’s consumer in an uncharted landscape, the baseline team, in conjunction with our manufacturing partners, has developed a product that speaks to the moment.
“In addition to its timeliness, this product release gives baseline the ability to market products outside of the CBD audience, and expand the brand’s reach,” he said.
International Cannabrands’ share price remains unchanged, trading for 2.5 cents per share at 2:38pm EST.