- Iconic Minerals (ICM) has mobilised crews and equipment in preparation for a drill program at its Bonnie Claire lithium project in Nevada
- A contract has been signed with Harris Exploration Drilling, which will carry out the program
- The program is expected to include three to five reverse circulation holes and two vertical core holes
- All of the holes will focus on an area of linear lithium anomalies that were previously identified by surface grid sampling
- Iconic Minerals (ICM) is currently down 4.55 per cent and is trading at C$0.10 per share
Iconic Minerals (ICM) has mobilised crews and equipment in preparation for a drill program at its Bonnie Claire lithium project in Nevada.
The project’s 35-square-kilometre claim block sits within the Sarcobatus Valley, and hosts quartz-rich volcanic tufts that are thought to contain anomalous amounts of lithium. Previous geochemical analysis of the nearby salt flats returned lithium values of up to 340 parts per million.
Iconic has contracted Harris Exploration Drilling of Fallon, Nevada, to carry out the program, which is expected to consist of three to five vertical reverse circulation holes and two vertical core holes, all of which will be drilled to a depth of between 90 and 120 metres.
The drilling work will focus entirely on a region of linear lithium anomalies that were identified during earlier surface grid sampling. It’s hoped that the sediment-hosted lithium will begin shallow in the area, which may allow for future bulk sampling work using an excavator.
Previously, drilling at the shallowest depth of the sediments was intercepted at six metres and contained in excess of 600 parts per million of lithium, which increased at depth to values of up to 2,250 parts per million.
Iconic intends to drill the core holes first at the Bonnie Claire Project, which will be used in engineering studies for a future Preliminary Economic Assessment.
The reverse circulation holes will then be completed, which will provide additional samples for metallurgical testing and will assist in expanding the existing lithium resource.
Iconic Minerals (ICM) is down 4.55 per cent and is trading at C$0.10 per share at 12:54pm EDT.