- Design and technology firm, IBI Group (TSX:IBG) has won a contract with the New York State Department of Transportation
- The contract is for the 511NY Travel Information System, which will provide the department with a variety of transit information
- IBI Group will maintain, update, and provide new features for web-based and mobile app versions of the platform
- The company is familiar with the system, having worked on the 511NY project since 2014
- IBI Group (IBG) is up 3.46 per cent and is currently trading at C$4.49 per share
Design and technology firm, IBI Group (TSX:IBG) has won a contract with the New York State Department of Transportation.
The contract is for the 511NY Travel Information System, which the Department of Transportation recently re-advertised. The system is a platform that provides traffic and transit information for the State of New York.
Using IBI Group’s traveller information software, the 511NY system is a critical resource for New Yorkers, visitors, and tourists.
IBI Group is familiar with the system, having worked on the project since 2014. The company successfully also deployed its traveller information software in the same year.
The new contract started at the beginning of May and involves a combination of maintenance and updates. IBI Group will maintain, update, and provide new features for both web-based and mobile app versions of the platform.
In addition to continuing to deliver the website, the company will also implement interactive voice response and mobile applications.
The contract will involve deploying and maintaining improved web and mobile app versions of the system’s Winter Travel Advisory tool. It will also cover deploying web and mobile app version of IBI’s Roadside Damage Assessment tool.
New updates will include integration of Skyline Camera images and video, and Web Map Services for the Department of Transport’s Winter Ops Systems.
IBI Group will also add shared-use mobility modes for bikeshares, e-scooters, carshares, and TNC’s, using IBI’s OpenTripPlanner software.
The company’s Traveller Information Systems Director, Geoff Carter, commented on the contract with the Department of Transportation.
“We’re proud of the strong partnership we’ve built and to have contributed to the evolution of the platform to the next generation system it is today.
“We look forward to continuing to support the business needs of the NYSDOT by delivering ongoing product releases and ensuring the use of the latest technology,” he said.
IBI Group (IBG) is up 3.46 per cent and trading at C$4.49 per share at 1:56pm EDT.