- HIVE Blockchain Technologies (HIVE) has appointed Mr. Aydin Kilic as President & Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Kilic joined HIVE in the summer of 2021 as President & Chief Operating Officer
- HIVE achieved record revenue of US$68M for the 3-month period ending December 31, 2021, under Mr. Kilic’s leadership
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies provides infrastructure solutions in the blockchain industry, including the mining of digital currencies
- Shares of Hive Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (HIVE) opened trading at C$4.55
HIVE Blockchain Technologies (HIVE) has appointed Mr. Aydin Kilic as President & Chief Executive Officer.
He will oversee the execution of the company’s global strategies, business development initiatives and engagement with the capital markets.
Frank Holmes, Executive Chairman, commented on the appointment.
“Mr. Kilic was onboarded in the summer of 2021 as President & Chief Operating Officer of HIVE with the vision to replace me as the Interim Chief Executive Officer to be the full-time Chief Executive Officer. I’m proud to say that Aydin has earned this title, and it gives me great pleasure to pass him the torch.”
Aydin Kilic stated, “I am grateful for the opportunity that Frank and the HIVE Board of Directors have provided me. I am excited to continue learning from him while also pushing the frontier of innovation and excellence at HIVE. My commitment to our company’s ascent is driven by my enthusiasm to grow value for HIVE shareholders.”
Under Mr. Kilic’s leadership, HIVE has reached numerous milestones, including:
- Record revenue of US$68M for the 3-month period ending December 31, 2021
- Digital assets with an equivalent value of 4,572 Bitcoin mined during the 2022 calendar year
The company has explored various business development initiatives in the last 18 months, including large-scale expansion into the U.S., ASIC equipment financing, and lending using Bitcoin as collateral.
Mr. Holmes noted, “Our success in the past 18 months comes from both the opportunities we have pursued, but also other opportunities we have researched and decided to forego further to our internal risk analysis, strong governance processes and sophisticated due diligence practices.”
Aydin Kilic added, “I am excited about riding the great digital transformation with our amazing team of professionals and dedicated employees in the years ahead.”
Shares of Hive Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (HIVE) opened trading at C$4.55.