- Highmark Interactive (TSXV:HMRK) has been processed for remote patient monitoring
- Medicare has reimbursed the company for the services and can now offer clients the ability to bill for remote patient monitoring services
- This approval puts Highmark together with a small number of companies that have been approved for reimbursement
- Highmark Interactive provides real-time data to health providers
- Shares of Highmark have not traded since May 9 due to a cease trade order
Highmark Interactive (V.HMRK) has been processed for remote patient monitoring and reimbursed by Medicare for those services.
The reimbursement validates the company’s technology to be used to monitor patient health by practitioners. It
also puts Highmark in a small group of companies to be able to have their technology reimbursed.
“We “are excited to offer our clients the ability to bill for remote patient monitoring services,” Dr. Sanjeev Sharma, CEO of Highmark, said in a statement. “This confirms that our FDA cleared solution creates potential for improved preventive healthcare as well as an increase in revenue for our clinician customers, which range from single site clinics, to large multi site health systems.”
The company has also provided an update to the Cease Trade Order in relation to its securities. Highmark said it is still working to secure additional funding to make outstanding payments to its auditors.
As such, shares of Highmark Interactive have not traded since May 9.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.