- Nano One (NANO) has announced new results from an engineering study conducted on its patented One-Pot process
- The study was completed by leading global engineering firm Hatch Ltd.
- It confirmed that Nano One’s One-Pot M2CAM process offers both environmental and economic benefits compared to conventional cathode manufacturing processes
- Work is already underway on further optimizations
- Nano One Materials is a clean technology company
- Shares in Nano One Materials Corp. (NANO) are down 3.43 per cent, trading at $3.10 per share
Nano One (NANO) has announced new results from an engineering study conducted on its patented One-Pot process.
The engineering study set out to compare the conventional sulphate process for manufacturing cathode active materials (CAM) with Nano One’s One-Pot M2CAM process for nickel-rich cathode materials.
Completed by global engineering firm Hatch Ltd., the industrial-scale engineering study confirmed that Nano One’s One-Pot M2CAM (metal to cathode active material) process offers both environmental and potential economic benefits when compared to conventional cathode manufacturing processes.
“We look forward to building on the results of this study for further optimization and for a range of different cathode formulations,” said Mark Bellino, Global Director of Battery Market Solutions at Hatch.
The report estimated the competitive economics for the One-Pot process compared to conventional cathode processes and identified opportunities for further cost savings. Work is already underway on further optimizations.
This is another important step forward in Nano One’s efforts to bring the latest innovations in cathode manufacturing technology through scale-up towards commercialization.
“The energy transition that is underway will require a 100-fold increase in the production of lithium-ion batteries and the materials that go into them,” explained Nano One CEO Dan Blondal.
“Our M2CAM technology uses no sulfate and eliminates […] waste and it is also economically differentiated, standing up to highly optimized conventional processes,” he added. “We believe it can leapfrog the wasteful methods in use today.”
Nano One Materials is a clean technology company with a patented, scalable, and low carbon intensity industrial process for the low-cost production of high-performance lithium-ion battery cathode materials.
Shares in Nano One Materials Corp. (NANO) are down 3.43 per cent, trading at $3.10 per share as of 10:47 am EST.