- Cannabis company Harborside (CSE:HBOR) has reduced services at its San Jose dispensary, due to COVID-related shelter-in-place orders
- The San Jose store is limiting in-store and curbside pick-up to medical patients only
- Adult-use customers are still able to use the company’s online home delivery service, or visit Harborside’s Oakland dispensary
- The San Jose store is offering 15 per cent discounts to customers who choose the home delivery option
- Harborside’s share price remains unchanged, and is currently trading for $0.46 per share
Cannabis company Harborside (CSE:HBOR) has had to reduce service at its San Jose dispensary, due to COVID-related shelter-in-place orders.
The County of Santa Clara recently updated its orders regarding social distancing, forcing various businesses to limit their services.
As of April 2, Harborside’s San Jose dispensary has limited in-store and curbside pick-ups to medical patients only. However, adult-use customers are still able to access the company’s online home delivery service. Otherwise, they can visit Harborside’s dispensary in Oakland.
While the San Jose dispensary has not closed, it is implementing enhanced social distancing protocols due to updated orders.
Harborside’s dispensary in San Leandro is also limiting its service to medical customers only. However, the company’s other retail stores locations remain open for adult-use customers. This includes the Terpene Station and Oregon locations.
To encourage social distancing, Harborside San Jose is offering customers 15 per cent discounts if they choose home delivery options. This applies to both medical and adult-use customers.
Harborside’s Interim CEO, Peter Bilodeau, commented on the company’s response to the pandemic.
“Our mission has always been to bring health and wellness to our communities, which means putting our customers and staff’s safety first. Today, that also means restricting service at our San Jose dispensary, to control the spread of COVID-19.
We understand the importance of continuing operations to provide our patients with the medicine they need. This is why we’ve decided to continue medical use sales in-store.
During this difficult time, we are working diligently to ensure access to essential cannabis products for our customers in a safe manner. We encourage our adult-use customers to take advantage of our home delivery service, or visit our Oakland dispensary.
We look forward to the resumption of full service when it is safe to do so,” he concluded.
Harborside’s share price remains unchanged, trading for $0.46 per share at 11:25am EST.