- Water treatment company, H2O Innovation (TSXV:HEO) has signed an agreement with ceramic membrane manufacturer, Nanostone Water
- The two companies have been collaborating since 2016, resulting in several successful contracts
- Under the agreement, H2O and Nanostone will lead a larger commercialisation of ceramic membrane technology
- The companies expect the collaboration to result in capturing significant market shares in industrial and municipal sectors
- H2O Innovation (HEO) is down 2.83 per cent and is currently trading at C$1.03 per share
Water treatment company, H2O Innovation (TSXV:HEO) has signed an agreement with ceramic membrane manufacturer, Nanostone Water.
Ceramic membranes are artificial membranes made of inorganic materials, which are used for liquid filtration. They are an alternative to polymeric membranes, which can not be used in separations involving aggressive acids or strong solvents.
H2O and Nanostone have had an ongoing relationship since 2016, when Nanostone contracted H2O to design and fabricate pilot units. This first contract eventually led to further collaboration on several project studies.
One such study resulted in the purchase of a full-scale system for an industry in the Midwest. That system, which treats surface water and secondary effluent for a cooling tower, improved significantly with Nanostone’s ceramic membranes.
The ongoing collaboration between them has positively benefitted both companies, resulting in several successful contracts. H2O won contracts in Texas and the Dakotas after selling a system containing Nanostone membranes to a New York resort.
As interest in ceramic membranes is growing, the companies have solidified their relationship with a strategic agreement. Under the agreement, H2O and Nanostone will jointly lead a larger commercialisation of ceramic membrane technology.
The companies expect that their combined expertise will allow them to capture significant market shares in industrial and municipal sectors.
H2O Innovation’s CEO, Frédéric Dugré, said that the company is excited to partner up with the Nanostone team.
“As an engineered product supplier primarily focused on membrane technology, it is important to constantly renew ourselves and use the best membrane for each application.
“While we will continue to commercialize polymeric ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, and membrane bioreactor, ceramic UF will allow us to address different market needs; it is basically another string to our bow,” he said
H2O Innovation (HEO) is down 2.83 per cent and is trading at C$1.03 per share at 10:03am EDT.