- Great Thunder Gold Corp (TSXV:GTG) has extended its land holdings at The Northbound Property in Québec
- The extension is 1,582 hectares and more than doubles their original claim
- The Northbound Property sits atop the Jeremie Pluton geological formation
- The Wallbridge Mining Company has previously intersected high-grade gold in the pluton, south-east of The Northbound Property
- Great Thunder Gold Corp (GTG) is up 10 per cent, with shares trading for $0.44
Great Thunder Gold Corp (TSXV:GTG) has more than doubled its position around the Jeremie Pluton, an increasingly important gold deposit in Québec.
The extension property is attached to the north-west border of Great Thunder’s Northbound Property. The extension is 1,582 hectares, making this a significant increase in land size.
According to the agreement, Great Thunder can acquire a 100 per cent interest in the Northbound Extension for C$10,000 and 250,000 company shares. Great Thunder can now purchase one per cent of smelter royalties at any time for $1 million.
The Northbound Property and its new extension are both under the Jeremie Pluton geological formation. Property atop this formation became highly sought after since the Fenelon Gold project found significantly high-grades of gold in the pluton.
The Wallbridge Mining Company currently operates the Fenelon Project, which is located directly south-east of the Northbound Property. Wallbridge has continued to intersect high-grades during its latest exploration project.
Great Thunder is hoping the mineralisation at Fenelon extends through the Jeremie Pluton and into their claim.
However, Great Thunder has stated that there is no guarantee that they will discover similar high-grades at Northbound.
Great Thunder recently performed a long wave infrared survey on the property. The company will be exploring Northbound and the new extension throughout 2020.
As of yet, Great Thunder has not reported any firm indications of high-grade gold on the Northbound property.
Great Thunder Gold Corp is up 10 per cent, with shares trading for $0.44 at 12.38pm EST.