- Grande Portage Resources (GPG) has concluded a two-rig drill program at its Herbert Gold Project in southeast Alaska
- The company completed 21 holes over a total of approximately 8,500 metres, focused on step-out drilling from the existing resource
- Drilling work tested the project’s three primary veins, along with the eastern extensions of the North, Sleeping Giant, Ridge and Elusive veins
- Final sample results are expected throughout the rest of this year and into 2021, due largely to “unprecedented delays” at assay labs
- Grande Portage Resources is currently up 3.33 per cent to C$0.46 per share
Grande Portage Resources (GPG) has concluded a two-rig drill program at its Herbert Gold Project in southeast Alaska.
Located roughly 25 kilometres north of Juneau, the Herbert Gold project sits within the 160 kilometre long Juneau Gold Belt, which has to date produced almost seven million ounces of gold.
The property is open to both length and depth, and hosts at least six primary composite vein-fault structures with ribbon structure quartz-sulfide veins.
According to a recent mineral resource estimate, the project holds an indicated resource of 606,500 ounces of gold at an average grade of 10.03 grams per tonne.
Over the course of the program, Grande Portage completed approximately 8,500 metres of drilling work in 21 holes, focused on stepping-out from the existing resource.
Three of the primary veins were targeted, along with the eastern extensions of the North, Sleeping Giant, Ridge and Elusive veins, and several subsidiary structures in between.
The company anticipates receiving final sample results throughout the rest of this year and into 2021, due to “unprecedented delays” at assay labs brought on the COVID-related protocols.
Samples taken for analysis were split from the core, with one half sent to Bureau Veritas Labs, an independent lab in Richmond, British Columbia.
“We are delighted to have conducted a thorough test with two rigs this season,” said Ian Klassen, President of Grande Portage Resources.
“Our team has known that the Herbert gold discovery has significant expansion potential, and this is evidenced by the fact we continue to intercept gold bearing veins laterally and at depths not encountered before,” he added.
Grande Portage Resources is currently up 3.33 per cent to C$0.46 per share at 12:19pm EST.