- Copper and silver miner Atalaya Mining has been issued a favourable environmental report for Proyecto Riotinto
- Andalusian government is expected to validate the report after legal consultations
- The report’s validation is, in turn, required to re-validate Proyect Riotinto’s mining permit
- The company will continue normal operations and update the market on developments
- Share price remained stable trading at C$3.13 a share
Atalaya Mining has been issued an environmental report favourable to its Proyecto Riotinto project in southwestern Spain by the Andalusian government.
The company expects the Unified Environmental Authorization report to be approved by the government after completing a legal consultation period.
The report’s validation is required to re-validate Proyecto Riotinto’s mining permit.
Once completed, it will have resolved the administrative issues raised by the Andalusian Superior Court of Justice in the environmental report on September 19, 2019.
Atalaya Mining said it will continue operations at the mine and update the market on developments.
The same cannot be said of the Proyecto Touro project, which was given a ‘negative’ environmental impact. In statement by the Galician government the Proyecto Touro challenges the company’s ability to guarantee no environmental impact on the Ulla river and downstream ecosystems.
The company said it is awaiting formal communication from the government, and will evaluate the project’s possible next steps. This could include an appeal of the decision and/or seeking clarification of the issues.
Atalaya Mining shares remained unchanged and are trading at C$3.13 per share.