- Goldstar Minerals (GDM) has launched a prospecting program at its Nemenjiche property in southern Quebec
- The program will cover a region of approximately six square kilometres on both sides of the Druillettes syncline
- Samples collected will be sent for assays at the end of the five-week campaign
- Prospecting will be followed by an airborne survey over the property, along with further prospecting at the company’s Anctil property
- Goldstar Minerals (GDM) is currently steady at C$0.02 per share
Goldstar Minerals (GDM) has launched a prospecting program at its Nemenjiche property in southern Quebec.
Located 60 kilometres south of the town of Chibougamau, the property consists of 72 claims over an area of approximately 40.3 square kilometres.
The Nemenjiche property also lies roughly 15 kilometres east of IAMGOLD’s Nelligan Project which, according to a technical report from October 2019, hosts an inferred resource of 3.2 million ounces of gold.
Goldstar’s prospecting program has been designed to evaluate a target area of approximately six square kilometres, focusing on both potential sides of the hypothesised Druillettes syncline.
The company’s exploration team has now been mobilised to the site, and is in the process of establishing a systematic grid for detailed mapping and sampling of outcrops. Upon completion of the five-week program, these samples will sent for assays.
David Crevier, Chairman and CEO of Goldstar Minerals, said the current program is the first step in a broader plan to significantly advance the Nemenjiche property.
“The regional understanding of mineralisation controls has been greatly advanced with the Nelligan discovery and this new understanding will be applied in our efforts on the Nemenjiche project.
“This first part of the campaign which will extend to the end of the year will guide our efforts in the new year,” he added.
Goldstar’s exploration teams have also been tasked with preparing an in-depth prospecting program for its Anctil property, located 45 kilometres southwest of Chapais, as well as airborne surveys for both Nemenjiche and Anctil.
Goldstar Minerals (GDM) is currently steady at C$0.02 per share at 11:55am EDT.