- Gold Plus Mining (GPMI) has enlisted Longford Exploration Services to assist in designing a work program for its Lawyers East and West properties
- An initial work program will be based on historic work completed at the properties, as well as data from nearby projects
- This will then be followed-up by a field program, which will seek to confirm the previous work as well as recent discoveries in the area
- The field program will be focused on sampling and geologic mapping of highly prospective and mineralised areas
- Gold Plus Mining (GPMI) is currently down 15.79 per cent and is trading at C$0.16 per share
Gold Plus Mining (GPMI) has enlisted Longford Exploration Services to assist in designing a work program for its Lawyers East and West properties.
Located at the south-eastern side of Benchmarks Metals’ Lawyers Project, in the prolific Golden Horseshoe region of British Columbia, the properties cover approximately 8,650 acres.
An initial work program will utilise historic work that has already been completed at the Lawyers East and West claims, as well as data from nearby projects.
This will then be followed-up by a field program, which will seek to confirm the historic data along with recent discoveries.
Focusing primarily sampling and geologic mapping of highly prospective and mineralised areas, the field program may also include geochemical surveying.
Upon completion of the program, the samples will then be analysed for precious metals content.
On August 27, 2020, Benchmark revealed the discovery of the Marmot Zone, which trends south-east towards Gold Plus Mining’s Lawyers East claim block, which is contiguous with Benchmark’s Lawyers property.
According to the announcement, the Marmot Zone contains broad zones of alteration, veining and sulphide mineralisation, and returned samples of up to 61.3 grams per tonne of gold and 3,890 grams per tonne of silver.
Spencer Smyl, President and CEO of Gold Plus Mining, said that, with gold prices recently exceeding C$2,000 per ounce and several new discoveries on neighbouring claims, the company’s team is excited about the potential of the Lawyers East and West properties.
“Gold Plus now has three projects in some of the most prolific mining camps in Canada: the Golden Triangle in British Columbia, the Red Lake mining camp in north west Ontario and the Abitibi region of Quebec.
“We plan to conduct work programs on all three properties in order to obtain samples and define priority targets for upcoming drill programs,” he added.
Gold Plus Mining (GPMI) is currently down 15.79 per cent to C$0.16 per share at 1:58pm EDT.