- Global Care Capital’s (CSE:HLTH) investee, ViraxClear, is supplying infrared thermometer units to Phyto Pharma for sale in North Africa
- The company has finalised a letter of intent, and signed an initial purchase order for 5,000 units
- The initial purchase order is worth approximately C$175,000, and will be fulfilled in the days ahead
- The thermometers are one component of ViraxClear’s Employee Protection Equipment Kits, which it plans to launch next month
- Global Care Capital (HLTH) is up 7.81 per cent and is currently trading at $0.34 per share
Global Care Capital’s (CSE:HLTH) investee, ViraxClear, is supplying infrared thermometer units to Phyto Pharma for sale in North Africa.
Through its joint venture, Shanghai Biotechnology Devices, ViraxClear has finalised a letter of intent to supply the thermometers. The company has also signed an initial purchase order for 5,000 units.
The units in question are not conventional mercury thermometers, but infrared forehead thermometers.
The thermometers can measure temperature at one to two centimetres from the forehead and run on batteries. Many offices, airports, malls, and hotels are currently using them to measure people’s temperatures at a safe distance.
The initial purchase order is worth approximately C$175,400 and will be fulfilled in the days ahead. Morocco-based distributor, Phyto Pharma, will fund the costs of shipping the thermometers to North Africa.
ViraxClear will supply Guofengtai brand thermometers, which the company secured through Hong Kong-based Venus Health Consulting.
ViraxClear’s CEO, James Foster, explained the current demand for such devices.
“The sudden surge in numbers of COVID-19 cases has caused nations across the globe to take steps to stop the spread. Ever since the outbreak of the deadly disease, there has been a need to routinely check temperatures.
“These thermometers check the temperature by sensing the infrared energy radiated by the body, and are used to detect body temperature in case of fever, one of the symptoms of coronavirus.
“Securing FDA-registered and CE-marked product from a reputable manufacturer represents a significant opportunity for ViraxClear and its distribution partners,” he said.
ViraxClear also has plans to include the infrared thermometers in its Employee Protection Equipment Kits. The kits are scientifically curated sets of protective equipment, which the company intends to launch next month.
Global Care Capital (HLTH) is up 7.81 per cent and is trading at $0.34 per share at 9:39am EDT.