- Giga Metals (GIGA) joins Minister Wilkinson’s trade mission to Japan from January 16 to 19, 2023
- There will be meetings which Giga’s President Martin Vydra will join, along with Japanese officials, companies, and organizations
- The aim is to deepen bilateral cooperation in the areas of climate leadership, clean energy, and natural resources
- Looking forward, the company has a joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation and plans to complete a pre-feasibility study in Q2 2023
- Giga Metals (GIGA) is u0p 6.25 per cent, trading at C$0.34 at 1:17 pm EST
Giga Metals (GIGA) CEO Mark Jarvis will join Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources on the upcoming trade mission to Japan later this month.
Giga Metals President Martin Vydra will join Natural Resources Canada’s delegation and the Minister in meetings with Japanese officials, companies, and organizations.
Giga Metals has been invited to participate in a Canada-Japan Networking Reception organized in cooperation with the Embassy of Canada in Japan, Invest in Canada, and a Critical Minerals Roundtable.
“Giga Metals is honoured to be invited on Minister Wilkinson’s mission to Tokyo,” said Martin Vydra, Giga Metals President.
“We already have strong ties with Japan thanks to our strategic partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation. We are looking forward to meeting more potential partners in Japan and introducing them to the Turnagain nickel/cobalt project,” added Vydra
This mission aims to deepen bilateral cooperation in the areas of climate leadership, clean energy, and natural resources.
Opportunities exist in the Indo-Pacific region, particularly with Japan, to expand trade and investment ties with Canada to support energy security and transition imperatives.
Giga Metals Corporation’s core asset is the Turnagain Project, located in northern British Columbia, which contains one of the few significant undeveloped sulphide nickel and cobalt resources in the world.
Giga Metals (GIGA) is u0p 6.25 per cent, trading at C$0.34 at 1:17 pm EST.