- Small Pharma (DMT) has appointed George Tziras as CEO of the company, effective July 20, 2022
- Peter Rands, founder and current CEO, will relocate to the U.S. as Chief Innovation & Intellectual Property Officer of the company (CIIPO)
- Prior to joining Small Pharma in 2015, Tziras was an executive director at Goldman Sachs with over 15 years’ experience in investment banking and capital markets
- Small Pharma is a biotechnology company
- Small Pharma Inc. was down 2.381 per cent, trading at $0.102 at 2:17 PM ET
Small Pharma (DMT) has appointed George Tziras as Chief Executive Officer, effective July 20, 2022
Peter Rands, founder and current CEO, will relocate to the United States as Chief Innovation & Intellectual Property Officer of the company (CIIPO).
“With key data expected from our lead candidate, SPL026, and the anticipated launch of new clinical trials later this year, we have focused on building strength and breadth to our leadership team,”
“George brings decades of international capital markets expertise and relationships, and critically he brings a sharp focus on corporate strategy to take the business forward at this pivotal stage of the company’s growth,” noted Lyne Fortin, Chair of the Board.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Peter, for Small Pharma is the organization it is today due to his vision, entrepreneurship and ambition to find innovative therapeutic solutions for under-served mental health patients,” she added.
“I am looking forward to taking on this role and the new challenges it will bring, for Small Pharma is a great company with a bright future, which has the potential to deliver new alternative therapies that could change the lives of patients,” said George Tziras, future CEO of Small Pharma.
Before joining Small Pharma full-time in 2015, Tziras was an executive director at Goldman Sachs with over 15 years of experience in investment banking and international capital markets, having worked at several global financial institutions, including Credit Suisse Nomura, Lehman Brothers and CIBC.
He holds a BA degree in Economics and Management from the University of Oxford and a MA degree in International Relations from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
Small Pharma is a biotechnology company progressing a pipeline of short-acting psychedelics with therapy for the treatment of mental health conditions, with a current focus on depression.
Small Pharma Inc. was down 2.381 per cent, trading at $0.102 at 2:17 PM ET.