Total
0
Shares
Generation Mining (TSX:GENM) gets approval for feasibility study
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Generation Mining (GENM) obtains JV management committee approval for a feasibility study and a decision date for the Sibanye ownership increase notice
  • The management committee includes four members; two representatives from each of Gen Mining and Sibanye-Stillwater
  • Gen Mining, as the operator of the project, will issue a further announcement when a commercial production decision has been reached
  • Gen Mining’s focus is the development of the Marathon Project, a large undeveloped platinum group metal Mineral Resource in North America
  • Generation Mining Limited (GENM) is up 5.81 per cent and is trading at C$0.91 at 12:53 pm ET

Generation Mining Limited (GENM) has been granted approval for a feasibility study and a decision date for the Sibanye ownership increase notice.

The management committee includes two representatives from Gen Mining and two from Sibanye-Stillwater.

Gen Mining has 80.7 per cent of the management committee votes in accordance with its proportional rights under the JVA, with Sibanye-Stillwater holding the remaining 19.3 per cent.

Gen Mining, as the operator of the project, will issue a further announcement when a commercial production decision has been reached.

Sibanye-Stillwater would also maintain the obligation to fund its proportionate share of costs based on its then current participating interest.

Should this option be exercised, Sibanye-Stillwater would have a 51 per cent interest in the Marathon Project and would have the option of becoming the operator of the project in accordance with the terms of the JVA.

Gen Mining’s focus is the development of the Marathon Project, a large undeveloped platinum group metal Mineral Resource in North America.

Generation Mining released the results of the Feasibility Study on March 3, 2021, and published the NI43-101 Technical Report dated March 25, 2021.

The Marathon property covers a land package of approximately 22,000 hectares, or 220 square kilometres.

Gen Mining owns an 80.7 per cent interest in the Marathon project, with the remaining interest owned by Sibanye.

Generation Mining Limited (GENM) is up 5.81 per cent and is trading at C$0.91 at 12:53 pm ET.

More From The Market Herald
ALX Resources (TSXV:AL) announces $1.5 million private placement

" ALX Resources (TSXV:AL) announces $1.5 million private placement

ALX Resources (AL) has announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $1.5 million.
Cruz Battery Metals (CSE:CRUZ) significantly expands its Solar Lithium Project

" Cruz Battery Metals (CSE:CRUZ) significantly expands its Solar Lithium Project

Cruz Battery Metals (CRUZ) has expanded its drill-ready Solar Lithium Project in Nevada from 3,202 to 5,500 acres.
Sirios Resources (TSXV:SOI) signs its second drilling contract with Synee Drilling

" Sirios (TSXV:SOI) completes $448,996 capital raise

Sirios Resources (SOI) has closed its non-brokered private placement and flow-through private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of $448,996.
Origen (CSE:ORGN) capitalizes on lithium first-mover advantage in Newfoundland

" Spearmint (CSE:SPMT) commences phase II work program at the Goose Gold Project

Work has commenced on Spearmint Resources’ (SPMT) phase II work program at the Goose Gold Project.