- GameSquare has announced that its subsidiary GCN has signed an agreement with Van Wagner
- Van Wagner will provide promotional and production services for a multi-tournament collegiate Esports series run by GCN
- The move indicates an upward trend for Esports in the professional sporting community
- GameSquare Esports Inc. is an international gaming and Esports company based in Toronto
- Its subsidiary GCN is a digital media company that focuses on the gaming and Esports audience
- GameSquare (GSQ) remains steady at C$0.40 per share, as of 9:30 am ET.
GameSquare (GSQ) has announced that its subsidiary GCN (the Gaming Community Network) has signed an agreement with Van Wagner.
Under the conditions of the agreement, GCN will provide production and promotional campaign services for a multi-tournament collegiate Esports series.
Van Wagner’s Collegiate Services Division is a leading multimedia rights holder focused on sponsorship and media sales for college athletic departments and NCAA conferences.
The series will include three tournaments in 2021 with qualifying tournaments for each of Van Wagner’s 10 NCAA conference partners.
The agreement with Van Wagner, a leader in the sports and media business, indicates an upward trajectory for the burgeoning Esports industry. GameSquare CEO Justin Kenna commented that “Esports is a form of competition that is highly entertaining and incredibly engaging.”
“The opportunity to work with Van Wagner, an industry leader in sports and entertainment, is exciting and speaks to the forward thinking of our clients,” he added.
Mark Donley, Senior Vice President at Van Wagner, also expressed his optimism about the partnership.
“GCN’s reputation for outstanding work is well known and they have a well-connected team of professionals that deliver top-calibre events and promotions,” he said.
Mr. Donley added, “We continue to be bullish on Esports as a valuable vertical for our NCAA conference partnerships.”
GameSquare Esports Inc. is an international gaming and Esports company based in Toronto. Its subsidiary GCN, which is based out of Los Angeles, is a digital media company that focuses on the gaming and Esports audience.
GameSquare (GSQ) remains steady at C$0.40 per share, as of 9:30 am ET.