- Focus Graphite (FMS) has appointed Marc R Roy as its new Chief Executive Officer
- Marc is taking over from former President and CEO, Gary Economo, who retired from the role at the end of June
- Focus Graphite’s new leader brings over 20 years of experience in executive management roles, as well as mergers and acquisitions
- Marc will lead the company as it begins to advance the Lac Knife graphite project into production
- Focus Graphite’s (FMS) is up 25 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.025 per share
Focus Graphite (FMS) has appointed Marc R Roy as its new Chief Executive Officer.
Marc’s new position in the top job took effect on July 1, 2020. He also joined Focus Graphite’s Board of Directors on this date.
Marc is taking over from the company’s former President and CEO, Gary Economo. Gary’s retirement from the role was announced in mid-June, and came into effect at the end of that month.
Despite his departure from the position, Gary will remain an active source of input at the company going forward. His successor Marc will lead the company as it begins to advance its flagship Lac Knife graphite project in northern Quebec into production.
The new CEO brings over 20 years of experience in executive management roles to Focus Graphite. Marc most recently served as an Executive at BDA Inc, from January 2017 to June 2020.
Prior to working for BDA, Marc was the CEO of BrandAlliance from May 2013 to January 2017. Even further back, he served as the CEO of Accolade Reaction Promotion Group from January 1999 to February 2010.
His extensive career has provided him with experience in mergers and acquisition, and an impressive track record in delivering results.
Marc said that he was honoured by the opportunity to lead Focus Graphite at this point in the company’s evolution.
“With a strong development plan in place, I believe Focus Graphite has the potential to deliver significant shareholder value, while positively contributing to the graphite industry.
“I look forward to working with Focus Graphite’s executive team and Board to advance the company,” he said.
Focus Graphite’s (FMS) is up 25 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.025 per share at 11:34am EDT.