- First Mining Corp (TSX:FF) has kicked off exploration at its Pickle Crow Gold Project
- The Pickle Crew Gold Project is a joint venture between First Mining Corp and Auteco Minerals Ltd
- Auteco Minerals have commenced field activities, including data complication and resource modelling
- Given the site’s remote location in North West Ontario, the company does not anticipate exploration will be affected by COVID-19.
- First Mining Corp (FF) is up 2.7 per cent, with shares trading at C$0.19 and a market cap of $113.2 million
First Mining Corp (TSX:FF) has announced it will commence its Pickle Crow Gold Project exploration program, regardless of COVID-19 shutdowns.
Auteco are currently running the exploration activities on site.
The company has stated they are “currently anticipating minimal impact on their 2020 field objectives.”
This is almost certainly due to the location of the Ontario site, located in a remote section of North West Ontario.
Exploration work in general requires long stints in remote wilderness, providing some very efficient social distancing for those employees involved.
First Mining have reviewed the historic drilling cores and have identified multiple shallow, drill-ready, regional targets associates with four major mineralised shears within the project area.
There is some 110 kilometres of under explored strike on the shears which are prospective for high-grade orogenic gold.
First Mining have announced they will begin drilling in late may, when conditions improve.
The company has stated that following this, they will reveal their updated resource estimate.
Dan Wilton, CEO of First Mining stated “We are excited that our partner for Pickle Crow, Auteco, is driving forward with exploration at Pickle Crow.”
“The project is benefiting from a renewed look by the strong technical team at Auteco, including a new geological review.
“The work the Auteco team is doing provides an opportunity for a better understanding of Pickle Crow’s potential, and we look forward to their first set of drill results on the Project this summer,” he said.
The Pickle Crow project sits on top of one of the highest-grade historic gold mines in Canada.
First Mining Gold (FF) is up 2.7 per cent, with shares trading at $0.19 at 10:37 am EST.